PangeaSeed Foundation is seeking a motivated and experienced production assistant to support a medium-scale mural art activation in Charleston, South Carolina. Candidates must be local to, and well-connected in, Charleston to act as our eyes and ears on-site for the pre-production and production of Sea Walls: Charleston. Interest and experience in conservation and public art is a plus!
This position will report to the Program Manager and participate in weekly check-in calls with the Sea Walls team.
This will be an independent contractor position from January 30th, 2023, to May 31st, 2023. Hours required will ramp up as we near the production dates. Full availability will be required during production, 4/28 to 5/8.
$25 an hour, anticipating 5-15 hours a week, not to exceed $5000 total. Contractor to invoice monthly.
- Location Scouting
- Mural walls
- HQ Space
- Securing permission to paint walls
- Liaising with funders and partner organizations
- Sourcing and managing contracts with vendors
- Accommodations for artists and crew
- Meals for artists, crew, and volunteers
- Paint materials
- Finding equipment to borrow (rather than rent or buy)
- Pressure washers
- Work truck
- Assisting in planning artist excursion(s)
- Assisting in planning a community event such as a video screening or panel talk
- Finding venue
- Event coordination
- Acquiring city permits (if needed)
- Recruiting volunteers for production week
- Great position for an eager student
Please submit a resume or CV and a brief paragraph detailing your interest and qualifications in the body of your email to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis through January 27th.