Enough Pie invites you to submit an application to participate in AWAKENING IV: INDIGO (June 4, 2016), a half-day collaborative arts experience that actively engages the public park at the Joseph Floyd Manor on Upper King Street. AWAKENING IV: INDIGO is rooted in the art, culture, science, history and sacred nature of INDIGO and its long relationship to the Lowcountry.
On June 4, Enough Pie will launch VAT SHACK at AWAKENING IV: INDIGO. VAT SHACK is the first ever public mobile indigo dye space to offer hands-on experiences with indigo. The VAT SHACK is an off-the-grid, sustainable mobile shack that will engage local residents and bring new creative communities into the Upper Peninsula for collaborations and connections.
AWAKENING IV: INDIGO invites you to be inspired by indigo! Our fourth annual AWAKENING on June 4th from 4-9pm will be a celebration of INDIGO — both the VAT SHACK and artwork inspired by indigo. Performances, art, music, storytelling, and film will be showcased at this inspiring event to transform the park and shine an unforgettable (blue) light on the Joseph Floyd Manor.
- All artists are invited to envision the site. This includes installing artwork in trees, throughout the lawn of the park, and along the chain link fence surround the site.
- Create unique and creative community experiences during the event onsite, from guest arrival to departure.
Applications should demonstrate disciplinary diversity & strong collaborative efforts:
- Creative projects of any size or scale, including performances, installations and more, are welcome.
- Partnerships across disciplines are encouraged.
- All participants will have the opportunity to meet on site on May 6 to share selected project ideas and collaborate with other participants.
- Strong consideration will be given to proposals that represent the culture and voice of the Upper Peninsula.
- March 16 Call for Artists
- April 15 Proposals Due
- April 26 Jury Meets / Artists Selected
- April 29 Artists Accept or Decline by EOD
- May 6 Selected Local Artists Visit Site @ 4pm
- June 1 Local Artists Installation Begins
- June 4 Installation Continues
- June 4 AWAKENING IV @ 4pm – 9pm
- AWAKENING IV Film Screening @8pm
- $150 stipend will be awarded to all selected artists
- Space is limited.
- AWAKENING IV is outdoors. Be sure that all materials used are weatherproof to the extent that you deem necessary. The rain date for AWAKENING IV is Sunday, June 5 at the same time.
- AWAKENING IV will be a one-day event, free and open to the public, but there will be availability to view some semi-permanent artwork following the event.
- All work outside the wall art must be temporary and leave no footprint on site.
- No sheltered space will be available onsite but a proposal to build and create a sheltered space is feasible.
- There will be limited power supply available for artists if needed.
$10 entry fee required. Please make checks out to Enough Pie or pay online at enoughpie.org/donate. Fee goes toward nominal project stipend and is nonrefundable.
SUBMIT VIA EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
SUBMIT VIA MAIL: PO Box 20836, Charleston, SC 29413