All Are Welcome
AWAKENING: NOURISH runs from October 1, 2018 – June 1, 2019
Enough Pie invites you get creative. We are seeking applications from artists, problem solvers, neighborhood associations, doers, movers & shakers, to activate this year’s AWAKENING: NOURISH, a series of events and public installations based on nurturing ourselves & our neighborhoods with creativity and joy.
We invite you to create a simple proposal for a project that connects and empowers Charleston’s Upper Peninsula by nourishing it — it can be a mural, a piece of art in a public space, a performance, or a partnership with a small business to create a unique place to gather. There is no limit to your creative vision.
AWAKENING: NOURISH will showcase creative ways to nurture ourselves and our community through food, stories and artistic expression in the Upper Peninsula neighborhoods of Rosemount, Bridgeview, North Central, Eastside and East Central as well as business corridors on Meeting, Morrison and King Streets.
Below is a list of current projects that need artists, collaborators, and volunteers, but please create your own from scratch and submit it by Monday, December 17th. Have questions about your idea? No problem! We have two full days of OPEN OFFICE HOURS (see below), a public meeting after our SOUP & STORYTELLING on Tuesday, November 13 @ 7pm at the Butterfly Book Nook Garden (1020 King), and/or you can call to schedule a 30 minute phone conversation or meeting at our office at 843-972-3253 or email@example.com.
Enough Pie will support NOURISH projects with an artist stipend, materials budget and production assistance. Depending on size and scope of project and location, artist stipends range from $250 – $500. Project budgets (materials, installation, etc.) should not exceed $2,000.
Potential Locations for Activation
The following are a few potential locations for Awakening: Nourish activations. Each are dependent on the project:
- Food Lion Parking Lot
- Spectrum Wall — mural/paint
- Romney Street Wall — mural/paint
- St. Julian Devine Community Center
- Front yard
- Indoor gallery
- Joseph Floyd Manor
- Backyard park
- Indoor gallery
- Martha Lou’s side yard
- Santi’s yard or interior
- Bridgeview Village
- Soup & Storytelling – every Tuesday from 5:30-7pm
- My Family’s Favorite Meal at Central Mosque of Charleston — Feb 9
- Transformation Table – Dec 1, Jan 26, Feb 16
- Friday, November 16th & Monday, November 19th – OPEN HO– USE HOURS
- Tuesday, November 13 – Public Meeting @ 7pm @ 1020 King (following Soup & Storytelling)
- Monday, December 17 – Proposals Due by NOON
- Wednesday, December 19 – Jury Meeting / Artist Selections
- Monday, January 7 – Artist & Project Announcement
- January 22 – Project Material / Budget Due
- February – June Construction & Installation