TAKE THE ENOUGH PIE PLEDGE
• We believe that there is enough pie for everyone in the thriving neighborhood of Charleston’s Upper Peninsula.
• We vow to use tools such as artistic collaborations, dynamic partnerships, creative placemaking, civic engagement and critical thinking to address community issues that accompany such growth in unique and transformational ways.
• We recognize that the process of using creativity as a form of community engagement to address broader challenges is as important as the final result. Inclusivity is embedded in this process.
• We envision a more connected neighborhood where all stakeholders work together on the issues that matter to our community: inclusivity, equitable access, community resource, and space to gather.
• We joyfully advocate for a more inclusive places – safer streets and sidewalks, vibrant public spaces filled with art and community, and more inclusive business practices.
• We vow to empower a growing network of residents of all backgrounds who live side by side, eat together, play together, and care about one another and our shared future – a healthy community where all are welcome.
• As a network of residents, artists, businesses and activists, we commit to shine a light on this area and unite through creative acts to hold civic leaders and developers more accountable to equitable and just growth.